(Reprinted from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization website, www.TBLS.org)
Board Certified Lawyers are Experts in Their Field
To become Board Certified in a specialty area, an attorney must have:
- Been licensed to practice law for at least five years
- Devoted a required percentage of practice to a specialty area for at least three years
- Handled a wide variety of matters in the area to demonstrate experience and involvement
- Attended continuing education seminars regularly to keep legal training up to date
- Been evaluated by fellow lawyers and judges
- Passed a written examination
Texas Board of Legal Specialization:
P.O. Box 12487
Austin, Texas 78711-2487
Board Certified Since 1995
In 1995, I became Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. While most attorneys practice 10, 15 or 20 years to reach the experience level necessary to achieve board certification, I was fortunate enough to meet the rigorous requirements and pass the exam after being licensed for only five years. The most effective criminal defense lawyers are Board Certified.
for a free consultation about your criminal charges.