Why Am I a Criminal Defense Attorney Defending People Accused of Breaking the Law?
People arrested by the police come from all walks of life. They are young and they are old. They may be advantaged or disadvantaged. As a criminal defense attorney I’ve helped teachers, doctors, students, police officers, soldiers, immigrants, professionals, and the average working man and woman, not just the hardened criminal. I represent good people, people who really need my help – people who may have simply made a mistake. Getting arrested is a complex problem and helping people navigate those frightening and dangerous waters has been rewarding to me. I’m also good at it. It’s the reason I have focused exclusively on being a criminal defense attorney.
What Makes Me Uniquely Qualified to Defend You?
I’ve concentrated on criminal law for over 27 years and I am a Board Certified expert in the field. I’ve been tested by fire in every manner possible, trying the most complicated criminal cases imaginable. For over 22 years I’ve represented more than 5000 clients since starting private practice in 1994. My AVVO rating is 10 (Superb) and I was selected to the Texas Super Lawyers (Thomson-Reuters Service) in 2011 and 2012. I have extensive trial experience and I’m a member of the National College of DUI Defense. I also know how prosecutors think having worked for the district attorney early in my career. Equally important is my appeal experience. My unique combination of legal and scientific expertise gives me a special advantage when advising you on the best course of action when you’re confronted with criminal charges.
I Have Defended Cases Like:
High BAC Breath and Blood DWI Cases
Hit and Run Charges
Death Penalty Defense
Family Violence and Assault
Drug and Narcotics Offenses
Stalking and Harassment
Fraud and Theft
Computer and Internet Crimes
Student University Discipline Matters
Stephen Gustitis in the News
We Are Accessible
My Firm offers free initial consultations to discuss your case. We accept ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARD payments. Our office is conveniently located in downtown Bryan, Texas, near the courthouse, and we keep flexible hours to accommodate your schedule. I also handle criminal cases in Burleson, Washington, Grimes, Madison, and Robertson Counties, and other surrounding areas.
To schedule your 5-Step Case Review . . .
1. Licensed since 1990
2. Board Certified in Criminal Law since 1995
3. Selected to Texas Super Lawyers (Thomson-Reuters Service), 2011-2012
4. Practice dedicated to criminal and DWI defense
5. Felony prosecutor with the Brazos County District Attorney’s Office (1990-1994)
6. Received B.A. (Geology/Chemistry) from Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, PA (1981)
7. Received J.D. from University of Denver College of Law, Denver, CO (1990)
8. Member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
9. Featured author in the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association “Voice for the Defense”
10. Member of the Brazos County Bar Association
11. Admitted to practice in Texas courts, the United States District Court of the Southern and Western Districts of Texas, and the United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
12. Approved by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals for capital murder – post conviction writs of habeas corpus
13. Approved for capital murder lead counsel and appeals in the Texas Second Administrative Judicial Region
I proudly sponsor the following:
Connect with me on Google+ at Google